Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Welcome new members


David Broadus, Site Administrator
My sister, Mary Brown and her eldest son Steve Brown signed up today, and Steve added a post. Mary is still trying to figure out her digital camera.

Jean Crawley emailed to say she loves the idea and will sign on tomorrow, and will tell her daughters Kelly and Teri Broadus. For those of you who do not know, Jean is the former wife of my brother, Don (deceased).

Suggestion to new members: Look at Steve Brown's first post--he told us his full name and the part of the family from which he hails. Since this seems to be growing to cousins and 2nd and 3rd generations it will help connect the dots to have a clear statement of your place in the gene pool. Also, when you post pictures please be very specific who the little cutie is in the lineage. (See Carolyn Snow posts for excellent examples).

One other suggestion as we are all learning the ins and outs of blogging. Use the Comments link to comment on that specific post. If you have new and unrelated material, create a new post so it will show up on the top level, and be available for new comments. One thing at which this family has great experience and proficiency is commenting on the statements and/or action of other members. Tis in our genes, methinks.

Perhaps we could prevail on Edwin, the family geneologist on the Broadus side, (Betty has done the same on the Durling side) to post a genealogical chart at some point to help connect the dots.

There is also a Blogger Profile section where you can add your personal bio, and supposedly can add a picture, although I have not yet mastered that part. I can get a picture on a post, but I have yet to get one to upload to my profile. But I never claimed to be a technonerd. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Also, Carolyn promised to explain the origin of the word "enscussion" if someone (other than me) asked. Since Ed formally asked today, I am sure we will all be looking forward to her dissertation on the origin of this interesting word--and it should become clearer why I so named the Blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger David R. Snow said...

Samantha Allee Leade was about three years old when I went by their home in Dallas on the way somewhere. As people in this family are wont to do, four or five adults and quasi-adults were having a heated discussion about plans for the remainder of the day. Samantha, usually a quiet and rather shy child, apparently frustrated with the discussion, looked at all the noisy people and suddenly burst into the conversation with this statement:

"We are having an enscussion here. You be quiet, and you be quiet, and you be quiet and I will talk". So in the twenty years or so since then, "enscussion" has become a family codeword for trying to carry on a civilized conversation.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home