And now for the pictures

I am in one of the capsules of the London Eye, suspended over the Thames River, with Old London in the background.

This is the Food Court at Harrod's Department Store...yum, yum. I ate lunch at one of the many crowded serving areas.

A view of London from the top of the Eye. The buildings set back on the right are in the financial district in the actual old city of London. St Paul's Cathedral is in that area, but you would have to strain to see it in this picture. The Tower of London is close by but obscured by other buildings.

Teddy Bear room at Harrods. All those cute little bears just looking for a home. From the prices marked on them, they must be looking for a home at Buckingham Palace!
And still more bears! Bears everywhere!If you go out in the woods today, you better not go alone;
It's lovely out in the woods today. but safer to stay at home.
For every bear that ever there was,
Will gather there for certain, because;
Today's the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic.
17 Comments:
I went to the main store on Kinghtsbridge.
Actually, I did not see much junk food. I was at a seafood bar and had a salad of mixed greens with a huge pile of real crab meat on top. Quite tasty.
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. What kind of junk food is served at Harrod's food court? Did you go to the one by the airport, or the other one?
No clue on the time/date stamp issue. If it goes by local computer time, the answer is simple--one of our computer clocks are off approx 6 min (or we are both off GMT by varying degrees). However, I assumed the posting time is determined by the clock in BlogSpot's computer, but I could be wrong.
I didn't notice the time stamp, but I did notice that his was posted above mine. I guess the timestamp is what does that. David and I had commented on why that might be, but not the timestamp.
You are observant, Ed.
Now it would be much more fun to think that David is psychic and answered Granny's question before she asked!
that is what I thought...
Must be another explanation--since he can't hear or understand what I ask about half the time, I hardly think he is psychic!
What do you mean I can't hear or understand what you ask? You are the one that asks me to repeat every thing I say to you.
We can discuss this at a later time. Just wanted to get a rise out of you--
After reading this little exchange, I am really (tongue-in-cheek) looking forward to the Jefferson summit meeting.
*confused*
I think we need to establish the Dave Snow award for gracious toleration of in-laws. Dave, of course, would be the first recipient, by default.
Let me rephrase my earlier statement to defuse this potentially troublesome situation. Often in a conversation with ANYONE, because I apparently often do not speak clearly or loudly enough to be heard, the other person in the conversation will either misunderstand what I have said or apparently not hear it at all, and say something either totally disconnected or obviously misconstrued in response--or not respond at all. Since David and I talk often, this happens in conversations with him rather frequently. His voice is certainly not mumbly, as mine apparently is, but I do often have difficulty understanding what he is saying, which is most likely part of my hearing loss. The wonder is that we can communicate at all. So may I, in the inimitable and admirable example of our Vice-President, take full responsibility for this misunderstanding. At least I didn't have a pellet gun.
Nor are you drunk...presumably...
Hardly. Too much sugar in alcohol.
Are we having a family reunion? What is a Summit meeting? Can I come?
No Summit meeting. The four remaining siblings are getting together late in March in Jefferson for a couple of days of togetherness. There will be a dinner, probably on Thursday evening, March 30 (if the plane schedules permit) to which anyone is invited. It will be at Big Pines and be Dutch Treat. We had planned to do this down around Austin, but Mary and Don are moving to Florida the last of February, so we decided to move it to Jefferson, because they can fly back here just as well as they could go there. We know that it is sort of exclusive, but we want an opportunity, due to our advancing ages the realization that we don't have a lot of time left that we are all able to get together. So the thought was that we have sort of a retreat, instead of having it at one of our houses, and be able to spend some quiet and uncomplicated time together. We also hope that everyone understands that need, and that there will be a time that we can visit with the larger group, for that evening.
Post a Comment
<< Home