A private family Blog for exchange of news and views.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Broadus Clan
You are looking at a picture of Wendell, Paul, Thoral and Herbert. Dad and Wendell should have been switched to put them in age order but they didn't. Herbert looks like a teenager here. I am guessing it was taken in Wichita.
I am enjoying these pictures and find it interesting that no one else in the family had the jutting jaw that Don did, except perhaps Wendell. Or am I imagining it? It was quite evident in the family picture in the park. Kelly, too, inherited it and has had quite a bit of trouble with her teeth and we were told unless she had surgery that she would lose all her teeth early, which she hasn't. I dont think Don had lost his teeth had he? Kelly hasn't as far as I know other than having had some pulled. Hope we see more and hope you are enjoying Florida.
Mary, thank you for that information. I have wondered since his death that had we stayed married or reconciled, if it would have made a difference in his health. You jogged my memory about his single-minded stubborness in doing things his way. A wonderful quality in some ways and not in others. I doubt that I could have made much of a difference and I am letting go of the guilt. What was the deal about him pulling his teeth? I never heard that story although it doesn't surprize me at all. It looks like in the later pictures that he still had his front ones. That last picture of you looks just like my Aunt Sallie. She was a beautiful lady also. You & Don have certainly carried your ages very well.
4 Comments:
I am enjoying these pictures and find it interesting that no one else in the family had the jutting jaw that Don did, except perhaps Wendell. Or am I imagining it?
It was quite evident in the family picture in the park.
Kelly, too, inherited it and has had quite a bit of trouble with her teeth and we were told unless she had surgery that she would lose all her teeth early, which she hasn't. I dont think Don had lost his teeth had he?
Kelly hasn't as far as I know other than having had some pulled.
Hope we see more and hope you are enjoying Florida.
He did go when his life depended on it. It was too late.
Ed has the same way of standing as Daddy did here.
That tooth-pulling story that Don told always gave me the willies.
Mary, thank you for that information.
I have wondered since his death that had we stayed married or reconciled, if it would have made a difference in his health. You jogged my memory about his single-minded stubborness in doing things his way. A wonderful quality in some ways and not in others.
I doubt that I could have made much of a difference and I am letting go of the guilt.
What was the deal about him pulling his teeth? I never heard that story although it doesn't surprize me at all. It looks like in the later pictures that he still had his front ones.
That last picture of you looks just like my Aunt Sallie. She was a beautiful lady also. You & Don have certainly carried your ages very well.
Post a Comment
<< Home