It was, for me at least, a very satisfying time. Spending unfettered time with the others strengthened the bonds already there. Now when I go to Jefferson there will be many more "memory spots" and I will remember pleasantly the good breakfasts all together in the dining room of the hotel, the Monopoly and Rummy games late one night, the long heart-to-heart talk of another evening, the boat ride, the time sitting in the courtyard or on the balcony and visiting, and the walks. And as Mary said, after seeing the picture of the four of us, she will turn and face the camera straight-on as David did, because we look a little less pudgy that way.
Everyone is back home safely and maybe rested, and for that we are thankful.
On August 18 we will have been married fifty years (the last of the three couples to reach that marker) and we will have a gathering at our place around that date. It will be hot and unpleasant (unlike the weather for this gathering) but anyone who justs wants to come is invited.
I had not intentionally faced the camera straight on--that was where I was placed. But, in selecting a picture to post, it became very obvious that a side shot of me makes me look half again as large as a front on shot, so I will remember that in the future.
I, too, left with happy memories, a feeling that we had some real breakthroughs in our relationships, and a big AMEX bill--but hey, it's only money.
For the record, I think Susie won the Monoply game fair and square under the rules on which we agreed. However, I think there is a way to avoid any hint of unfairness in the future, should the decision be made to hand out property at the beginning to speed the game. Simply remove the most expensive property in the set from each set, thus ensuring that no one would start the game with a set (e.g., Boardwalk and Park Place). It seems to me that would be a reasonable compromise. Even if one were dealt two properties in a three-property set, they would still have to roll and land on the third.
Don't be too quick with your praise. I was giving a range and Ed and I happened to be on the ends. I assure you if you or Susie had been either the youngest or oldest I would not have hesitated to give your ages. However, I think after a person passes 60, they should be proud to announce their age and the fact that they are still alive and kicking.
Besides, it is not terribly difficult to deduce the ages. Like David, I am happy to get to 67--there were several bumps along the way that made that problematic.
6 Comments:
It was, for me at least, a very satisfying time. Spending unfettered time with the others strengthened the bonds already there. Now when I go to Jefferson there will be many more "memory spots" and I will remember pleasantly the good breakfasts all together in the dining room of the hotel, the Monopoly and Rummy games late one night, the long heart-to-heart talk of another evening, the boat ride, the time sitting in the courtyard or on the balcony and visiting, and the walks. And as Mary said, after seeing the picture of the four of us, she will turn and face the camera straight-on as David did, because we look a little less pudgy that way.
Everyone is back home safely and maybe rested, and for that we are thankful.
On August 18 we will have been married fifty years (the last of the three couples to reach that marker) and we will have a gathering at our place around that date. It will be hot and unpleasant (unlike the weather for this gathering) but anyone who justs wants to come is invited.
I had not intentionally faced the camera straight on--that was where I was placed. But, in selecting a picture to post, it became very obvious that a side shot of me makes me look half again as large as a front on shot, so I will remember that in the future.
I, too, left with happy memories, a feeling that we had some real breakthroughs in our relationships, and a big AMEX bill--but hey, it's only money.
For the record, I think Susie won the Monoply game fair and square under the rules on which we agreed. However, I think there is a way to avoid any hint of unfairness in the future, should the decision be made to hand out property at the beginning to speed the game. Simply remove the most expensive property in the set from each set, thus ensuring that no one would start the game with a set (e.g., Boardwalk and Park Place). It seems to me that would be a reasonable compromise. Even if one were dealt two properties in a three-property set, they would still have to roll and land on the third.
You know, those "outlaws" don't look so bad either, although some of us are a bit paunchy.
Don't be too quick with your praise. I was giving a range and Ed and I happened to be on the ends. I assure you if you or Susie had been either the youngest or oldest I would not have hesitated to give your ages. However, I think after a person passes 60, they should be proud to announce their age and the fact that they are still alive and kicking.
Besides, it is not terribly difficult to deduce the ages. Like David, I am happy to get to 67--there were several bumps along the way that made that problematic.
Post a Comment
<< Home