Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th to all

My adoring nephew sent me a link to Faith Hill singing the National Anthem, and when I went to the site I saw a whole slew of links to various old and new singers doing the National Anthem.

I attempted to list them with the links but Blogger did not like it, so I deleted the post and will try and give the links to my two favorites on the list:

Marvin Gaye

and, for all children of the 6o's and later hangers-on:

Jerry Garcia (sans guitar) and the Grateful Dead

7 Comments:

Blogger Russell Snow said...

You didn't post the Cop singing?

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

I posted over a dozen and Blogger wiped out all but one, so I went back and picked two and left it at that.

Actually, the cop was so pathetic that I felt sorry for him, and I thought the whole video was a bit cruel, unless he was doing it intentionally--but it sounded more like he was either abusing some substance or was brain-damaged.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger David R. Snow said...

That nephew may be adorable, but I doubt that he is adoring.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

He might indeed be an adoring nephew, we never know.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

Beats me--he has been signing his emails to me Your Adoring Nephew (YAN) for years now.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger David R. Snow said...

I stand corrected.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Russell Snow said...

I AM an adoring nephew!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home