Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Descendant Generation Update:


This is Luna Rayne again. She will turn 1 on May 14th. She tells me that she wants Huggies Supreme Natural Fit Size 5 diapers and Huggies Natural Care Unscented wipes for her birthday, as well as some more rubber duckies to add to her collection, lol. Actually the kid wants for nothing, but just like everyone else she loves getting stuff. In this image she is very much enjoying a serving of mama's homemade spaghetti.


Here she is spending time with Daddy! She gets to hang out alone with him Monday through Friday during my school hours. The semester has just let out, though, so I hope she isn't too disappointed that I'm home with them for a few months.






She is walking and standing really well now, and for some reason has an obsession with sticking her tongue out at people! She is also talking almost as much as I do, if you can imagine, but she speaks few discernibly English words.

9 Comments:

Blogger David Broadus said...

Main Entry: de·ce·dent
Function: noun
a deceased person —used chiefly in law

Do you feel dead?

Or do you mean to say decadent?

I am certain with your writing skills and command of the English language you are aware of the difference, so I will assume it is a typo, although with you it is never safe to assume.

dtb

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ashley: Apparently this is a compulsion shared by Broaduses, I have done it to him, also, on very rare occasions.

Love,

Granny

P. S. I loved your Happy Mother's Day text in Spanish.
Thanks.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

What she calls rare I call common. It just depends on your perspective. But, I agree, it is a compulsion.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, meant descendant...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

Glad you clarified that, Ashley. I would not want to think you consider your generation either dead or decadent. Descendant I understand.

Cheers. Have a nice day. :-)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Russell Snow said...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/05/12/99-grammar/

Friday, May 16, 2008 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That essay hits it. My feeling has always been that if stuff goes out from an educational institution (such as the one where I worked for many years) that is blatantly incorrect the whole purpose of the place would be compromised immediately. I suppose that illustrates the author's point, and probably classifies me as a white person.

Friday, May 16, 2008 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

Sort of like getting the code wrong in the program you are writing to operate the next weapon of mass destruction.

Of course, the results there could be more serious than writing an incorrect sentence. Especially to the user who experienced a failure at a critical moment.

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger David Broadus said...

Carolyn:

If that essay did not fully qualify you as a White Person, this one should seal the deal...
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/37-renovations/

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home